Sunday, August 25, 2024

fun run c2s

Today is the City to Surf fun run. I'm entered for the 12km.
Deb drives is into the city then walks with me to the start, just as well, I would have had trouble finding the start, I had only skimmed the race day instructions.So we're at the start, Deb goes home, I follow the crowd.
Deb does not want to run, she does not like the crowd. today, 25,000 people.
My estimated time is more than two hours, so I'm in the "walk" category.
I maintain a pace which, for me, is a steady run, other people are walking as fast and faster.
I have no trouble but I'm tired when I finish.
I take a shuttle bus to the Forum then walk, cooling down, the few km to home.An enjoyable day's run :-)

As I explained to Deb: if not for cancer, I'd want to do this fun run. A challenge, and it supports a good cause. So why should cancer, with no noticeable effects, why should it stop me.
Deb worried anyway but our phones are set to track each other, Deb checked a couple of times and could see that I was still travelling in the correct direction.
Also, before the run, I had followed the course on a map so I knew where to go.
And today I keep up with enough people that I am in no danger of being lost.

Now I'm home, on the couch and planning to stay here :-)



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


Happiness is wanting what you already have
   

1 comment: