Thursday, April 11, 2024

to be clear

I've had yet another mri of my brain. now i wait a week to get the results.
don't think that there is no worry.

i have continuous low level worry. no more, i guess, than anyone who has passed three score and ten. i worry just as much about deb, who is almost as old. for that matter, i even worry about the kids and grandkids, that's a part of being a parent.
i have occasional flashes of sharper worry.  mostly in the month or two before a scan. the impending scan reminds me of my cancer. then i remind myself that i am perfectly well -- until a scan says otherwise. after the scan it's, nothing i can do, so no use worrying.
right now my main worry is that Deb is worried. she's less cheerful than she should be. so i try to remain calm. to not act worried, eg i don't swear at the pc, which really should be replaced or fixed.
now that i think about it... the fact that i need to write this "not worried" post really does indicate that i am worried :-) to that i say, bah, humbug.

deb worries that if i go anywhere by myself, I'll get lost. i admit that i get confused in unfamiliar places.
last week, deb and i take the grandkids to a wildlife park. okay, deb takes us all, i just follow along.
we all go together into the darkened nocturnal house. when i get out, i am alone.
deb sends the boy through again, too look for me. and again.
finally, outside, we all find each other. I'm upset, deb is worried.
no wonder deb doesn't trust me to go out alone.





Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood
   

1 comment:

  1. Deb is a good person. She takes excellent care of you.

    ReplyDelete