Wednesday, April 5, 2023

cause and delayed effect

Why does someone get brain cancer? I have this theory:
As a child, I fell a few feet and hit my head on a wooden chair. Years later I still had the scar.
So my theory is: the fall damaged my brain. Fifty years later, the damage grew into a tumour.
Okay... no scientific backing at all. I've not even bothered to ask if it is likely. But, as a theory, I like it. Why?

An alternative cause (ignoring random chance and just bad luck) is -- perhaps brain cancer is hereditary.
That's not something that I want to pass on to the kids. I prefer the physical damage explanation.
Oh, and "just bad luck" has never applied to me :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Need to know: pwMapApp
 ... Memorials Rhapsody
===


The stupid person says, "It's impossible". The smart person says, "It's possible, if we can get enough stupid people to do it." (Alfred E. Neuman)


pwMapAppreadMe)


1 comment:

  1. I like your hypothesis re results from head trauma. But as you say who knows.

    ReplyDelete