Monday, April 17, 2023

join the queue

1. run results

The results are in: both Deb and I won our categories in Saturday's trail run :-)
It helps that no other 70 year olds made it to the event in Collie. We ran, we won, we had a great weekend.
====

2. one of many
Yes, I'm a bit embarrassed that my terminal cancer is taking so long to terminate.
While waiting, I hear of people who get the same cancer and due quickly. Also, Friends and relations are hit by diseases which are more debilitating than mine. Some friends simply disappear, I fear the worst. It all makes me realise:
Yes, I have a cancer which is known to be terminal and incurable. But so what? I've reached an age where death -- for anyone -- would be no surprise. The only question is... what particular problem will kill me. All ssorts of things line up to kill an "old" person. Death, like taxes, is inevitable.

For me, brain cancer is camped in the queue. There may, as for everyone else, be other problems, just not yet identified.
Really... after the initial panic... I am now in much the same situation as anyone else of my age.
Although, now I think of it... it's also quite a few years since I've paid taxes. that's a benefit of not earning much.

Hmmm. I've just read that, according to research, running helps the runner resist depression. Something to do with the body producing natural cannabinoids. It may be easier to go straight to the cannabis...
====

3. old is new again

I've mentioned my new Apple tablet. it's a pile of junk. Hard to use and it regularly crashes.Makes me angry just to think about it. (Angry at my stupid decision to buy it, as much as anything.)
This post is typed on my ten year old android tablet. No crash while typing. A poor screen display but not bad.
The familiarity of ten year's use around the world.
It works.
This week, the Apple goes to a good home. Or to a bin.
There, no need to go for a run. I feel better already :-)




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


As Conan says: What does not kill you
does not kill you

1 comment:

  1. Well done on 1
    On 2 I reckon everyone who knows you is very thankful that you continue to beat the odds. May you continue to do so for many years.
    On 3 Don't go to the dark side again. Lesson learnt.

    ReplyDelete