Thursday, August 8, 2019

now a holiday blog... again !

Deb and I are on holiday. In Scotland. The main event of this holiday: the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. That is still a couple of weeks away... Meanwhile, not necessarily in the correct sequence, how did we get here:

I've said this before: In January we buy Tattoo tickets. I book accommodation for a couple of days before and after. No more preparation.

I have a brain scan in March, all clear. The gut has new cancer -- testicular cancer growing further afield. I spend what seems like a long time, getting chemo for that new cancer.

More scans in June, head and gut. Both are clear of visible cancer! I book the rest of our "Tattoo" holiday... The final go/no go decision was waiting on the June scans. I book flights to Edinburgh for Tuesday 6th August.

Friday 2nd and I'm getting nervous: have I planned correctly?

Saturday night, I suddenly realise that we have a perfectly good street gps, just with no streets outside Australia. All of a sudden I have the feeling that I am ready to get ready to travel...

I get out of bed, go online, buy UK street maps for our gps. I load the maps, add a waypoint for each hotel, print maps of where we drive between hotels. The gps is good but we like to have a broader view of where we are driving.

Sunday morning is orienteering. In the afternoon I pile up a few clothes and various items to be packed.

Monday, we go out to buy some things. Including underpants for me. I've decided that I will not travel with any, old, underpants with perished elastic. They either fall down or fail to cover the appropriate areas of anatomy.

 I pack. Packing is now 99% complete.

Tuesday, we leave.
===

We return library books. Finish packing. Do a few odd jobs to prepare the house for our absence. Overfeed the cat. Get ready to leave... Quite early, we would rather be waiting at the airport than worrying at home. There's a message from Qantas, the plane is delayed.

Too bad, we are ready to go to the airport. We go.

The plane arrives late from Melbourne. It eventually leaves Perth about two hours late. Qantas staff assure us that our next flight will be changed so that we can make the connection.

And then it's seventeen hours in the one plane, direct from PER to LHR. Seventeen hours, non-stop!

===

In the present -- now in Scotland -- it's time for breakfast. Later, I'll try to type more.

btw: I have yet to mention the lost suitcase, still not arrived. Which means, Deb has nothing and we are missing things like a recharger for this tablet.

Oh well. Time to get to important matters... breakfast :-)








====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
             Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." … Blazing Swan Survival Guide

===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

1 comment: