Monday, June 29, 2020

Coping. Or, coping?

The paper has an article, Good Mood Food. Something like that, I don't read the article and I'm not going back to check the title. But I do say to Deb, I need some good mood food. Deb replies, You're always in a good mood.

Either she's being polite or she's half right. I can't claim to be always in a good mood but I do like to be in a good mood when dealing with other people. Especially Deb.

A friend says, You're coping well. Perhaps I am. But not as well as I'd like. Too many emotional ups and downs, most noticeable when I'm waiting on scan results. My aim is to be cheerfully moderate... so that I will not be shattered when it's a bad scan result.

Mind you, I have the same emotional variation from coding my phone app... The excitement when something works, the despair when it just... stops. The good results cheer me up, the bad results give me practice in managing my rage :-)

Of course life is not all extremes of high and low...

I numb my mind with the unthinking enjoyment of World of Warcraft. I read a couple of books a week, a distraction. I think deep philosophical thoughts (well, I think thoughts) while running. Speaking of which: trail runs are back again. Today Deb runs a sensible distance and avoids the rain. I run twice as far, am three times as exhausted and run (slog) through the heavy rain. Great fun and very satisfying :-)

My plan to run Cradle Mountain is as far distant as ever. Getting my app to a useful state is slightly more likely. Learning to cope with pre-scan stress is ongoing. And the longer it's going on -- the better :-)
===

Oh, I do like today's signature quote. The quote is a semi-random thing. Today's -- by random chance -- is quite relevant.


Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===
"Are you one of those people who think wallowing in unhappiness and bad luck is the same as toughing it out?" … Ononoki (an anime character)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment