Tuesday, April 12, 2022

definite down side

A down-side of my wonky vision is that I have to be extra careful on rough ground. I may trip over something "invisible" to my left. In fact...

Sunday we are out orienteering. Deb leads, I follow. No way I can navigate :-)
The area is a limestone ridge, with rough tracks and good views. I have a bit of trouble on slippery down-slopes, I have to be very careful where I place my feet.
The there is some nice level track. I jog... and crash.

There must be a rock. I don't see it. I trip... and fall flat out. Flying -- down.
My hands are underneath. I only know this because my GPS watch now has ground-in dirt under the strap.
I crash onto my gut and my knees. Ouch!
The wind is knocked out of me. It takes me a few seconds to get enough breath to swear. There are two nasty cuts on one knee. Nothing serious though.

We slow down for the rest of the course. Nothing is badly hurt but I use the cuts for sympathy. Deb is good with sympathy :-)

Next day: I go for a run. To prove that I don't *have* to fall over :-) No worries.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Gone to lunch. If not back by 5, Gone to dinner." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)


1 comment:

  1. You are tough mate. Your never give up attitude is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete