Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wed 25 Jan 2017: still sailing

A full day of sailing south. I guess that it's south. I wish that I'd packed a gps that works... and that shows current position.

The Spot tracker flashes lights to say that it's working fine. Reports from the other end say that it's doing nothing. From this end there's no information, just flashing lights. Apparently, meaningless lights. But perhaps it really is working! I can't tell till I get home.
I wish I'd packed a *real* gps device.
Anyway...
Still calm seas, very little wind. A few birds fly by, sometimes.
Obviously I picked the correct time for our first iceberg sighting but no-one saw my iceberg. So of all the people who guessed correctly -- that has to be me or Deb :-)  -- we wait till tomorrow to see Deb's iceberg.
Deb goes to watch the second half of the movie. Goes to a talk on exploration history. I finish a really good book. I start a really bad book. I stroll round the decks but it is too crowded... four or five other people are up there. A sailor whitewashes one area. I admire his work.
We buy a few souvenirs... Sorry, no teatowels... just T shirts for ourselves.
Eat, read, sleep...


----
Sent via Satellite Phone using RedPort Email

No comments:

Post a Comment