Saturday, July 13, 2019

status: 13 July 2019

Status: 13th July 2019
Physical
Recovered from a cold, a couple of weeks' back. Now -- I'm in good health!
I can jog 5km or walk a lot further -- but slowly. I'm unfit but feeling well enough to improve. And that is an improvement.
My hair is growing back, I have a fashionable stubble on my face and on the scalp. As Deb so thoughtfully commented, now people will be able to again see the patch where x-rays burnt me bald :-)
Finger and toe tingling is still there. Possibly shading into numbness. Except for the fingertips which are still over-sensitive.
Still 10kg heavier (yes, round my gut) than I was two years ago. So, 15kg above my "target" weight. A target as unattainable as my plan to do the Cradle Mountain Run :-)
Mental
As far as I can tell -- my mind still works. Though...
Emotional
I'm suffering from Weltschmerz... the belief that "physical reality can never satisfy the demands of the mind." But then, I've always suffered from that.
Related to cancer: I'm happy -- but accept that there is a big black cloud on the horizon. The cloud is so uncertain that I generally ignore it. Except for a reminder, to live in -- and enjoy -- the present :-)

1 comment: