Wednesday, July 10, 2019

even better !

It's been a month since my last post -- because nothing (relevant) has happened :-)

No chemo, no treatment, I just get better and better. I'm lucky, it's only the treatment which knocks me around. Treatment is essential and, so far, effective. I have a few months' of treatment then more months' of no treatment -- no drugs at all, just good clean living (drat!) -- just time to recover.

Okay, I had a cold and felt lousy. Now I'm feeling better. Fingers and toes tingle and are sensitive, an expected effect of the chemo drugs, it should fade, eventually. Occasional instability if I turn suddenly, probably age-related. Problems breathing when I bend over -- entirely due to the extra 10kg that I carry round my gut :-(

The most annoying lingering effect of treatment is that I am still very unfit. Amazing how unfit I am after a year or so of sitting round, can't or can't be bothered doing any exercise... I'm now well enough to get fit again -- if I can be bothered :-)

Meanwhile, holiday planning is almost complete. Just need a new passport for Deb (oops). And medical travel insurance -- for me -- will be limited. Funny, that :-)
===

Just a week ago I admitted to Deb, I'm feeling remarkably happy. There's a big black cloud on the horizon but it's a distant unknown, it doesn't stop me being happy. Better yet -- to make me even happier -- Deb admitted that she also is happy.

Not that I'm going to stop complaining! How do you find a good but cheap developer for a phone app? How do you get a book published? How do you get a foot in the door of a public service committee? Sheesh! So many doors that are not just closed -- but, so far, completely invisible. Mumble, grumble, mumble... :-)





====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"Dogs also bark at what they do not know" … Heraclitus
===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

1 comment: