Tuesday, March 3, 2020

improvement happens

I write this blog as it happens. Or at least as soon as possible after. Once written, I don't read it again. The idea is to get it off my chest, not to remember how it was.

This leads to an emphasis on the present... and a tendency to overlook changes from the past, especially improvements. It's easier to remember what goes wrong. For -- a good -- example:

My feet have been tingly and sensitive for months, a known side-effect of the drugs I was on, way back whenever. (I don't exactly remember when, I tend to live in the present.) The tingle has changed. More importantly, the sensitivity has changed.

For a while it is painful to climb up the metal ladder to get out of the public swimming pool. As I step on the rung my foot -- the sole -- hurts. I drag myself out as much as possible by strength of arms, keeping the weight off my feet.

Very awkward when I'm supposed to be keeping in reach of an active grandson as he dashes from pool to pool !

More recently my feet are less sensitive. I can step up the ladder with no significant hurt. Of course I still struggle to get in and out where there is no ladder. That's due to being unbalanced and inflexible. ie Just getting older and unfitter :-)
===

Second item to post... I forget. I know I have something else to document. All I remember is, it is nothing significant. I'll remember it again, eventually.

And that's another reason to post as it happens... or, like a fading dream... it is forgotten.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Don't waste your time looking back on what you have lost. Move on, life is not meant to be travelled backwards."

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment