Saturday, June 6, 2020

and yes, it's clear again :-)

My informant... is absolutely correct: my latest brain scan shows, no change from the previous. Which is good! So I am officially fit & healthy for another three months :-)

The relief -- both Deb & me -- is palpable. No matter how well we accept the inevitable -- with its unknown date -- it is a huge relief to know... not this time. Relief and an improved mood.

Last week I tried shopping for presents. It's my annual thing -- a hobbit habit that I enjoy -- I buy presents for the immediate family on my own birthday. Last week I tried buying -- and failed. There was nothing I was willing to buy. It was all rubbish :-(

Today -- no worries! Potential presents just leap off the shelves at me... Okay, it still takes me an hour or so... but it's easy (okay, easier) -- and it's fun :-)

And if members of the family are reading this: don't worry, the presents are still rubbish :-)
===

Just to add to the "keep smiling" challenge -- I'm fresh from the dentist. I have a fresh filling just below a crown, a re-glued crown, a root canal which was started before the corona-close-down. The dentist worries:

Cancer treatment has a bad effect on ability to fight infection. So he doesn't want to leave decay -- which may reach & infect a nerve. Best long-term treatment would be to replace the entire crown but I don't really want long-term fixes :-)

Some cancer drugs slow down bone healing, so he doesn't want to pull the  tooth with the incomplete root canal, though that would be a better long-term option. Even better would be an implant -- but that risks poor healing of the jaw bone. So that one will be finished -- at another appointment -- as a tooth root cleaned and sealed and left as it snapped off flush with the gum.

I reassure him, my healing powers are great... Yes treatment knocked red & while blood cells down to the floor but they soon recovered. None of my drugs were the bone-weakening ones and anyway, it's months since I was a druggie.

We compromise on a good treatment which is not the best if I plan for another twenty years of fine dining. As I tell him, If I'm sitting in his chair in another five years, complaining about today's bad decision -- then we'll both be laughing :-)




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===
"No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway." … per Ginger Meggs
===
Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment