Thursday, August 25, 2022

what, me, stable?

The latest MRI scan results are in. It seems that I'm "stable".
Stable? Well... the suspicious spots on the brain are stable. Okay, they have grown since the last scan, but slowly. So that's fine.
Also: If the spots were cancer then the cancer should be drawing lots of blood to support its growth -- but there are no signs of a rush of blood. That area of my brain is cold, says the cancer doc.
Which means that cancer is less likely and continuing post-treatment damage is more likely.
No, I don't like the sound of that -- it was post-treatment damage that lost my peripheral vision. Still, better than cancer :-)
Also, the spots are in the same area of brain -- as expected -- so not spreading wildly (whatever they are).

What it means is: No (significant) change. I carry on as ever. And in a grand show of faith -- the doc doesn't want another scan till after three months. Back to the original wait-and-watch schedule.
So the shirts are still valid... and that's something (else) to be glad about :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the vast majority. (Alfred E. Neuman)

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: