Tuesday, June 5, 2018

feeling good ... with reservations

We go orienteering on the weekend, over two days. I fail to finish my two courses. A standard problem: I get tired and lose my ability to navigate. This weekend I tire more quickly than in the past, a sign of loss of fitness. I'm recovering my ability to jog but still have trouble climbing a hill. I really need to improve my strength on the uphills, so I can enter trail runs again.

btw: Deb does very well, on each day and in the overall results :-)

I've just updated my diary, to remove "take Temo" for this week. What a relief: no chemo, no side-effects! Of course this means that all known anti-cancer treatments have reached their effective limits. So it's good news and ... not so good :-)

The latest MRI shows that I am currently clear of visible cancer. I thought that I was handling the pre-scan result waiting quite well -- till I feel the relief with the "clear" result. Pre result I was coping, with a "clear for now" result I am... vastly relieved.

Though I do notice -- even now, post-scan result -- that I have a tendency to grind my teeth. I've done that in the past, under stress. I eventually learnt how to not actually grind -- but the current tendency to grind shows that I am not entirely relaxed. Oh well, insert "only a short-term problem" here :-)








Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"That which does not kill us does not kill us." … attributed to Conan the Barbarian

===

1 comment:

  1. Mate my teeth would have been ground away by now. Cheers Col

    ReplyDelete