Wednesday, May 15, 2019

nothing to report :-)

A quick summary: nothing much has happened! And that is... good :-)

Okay, Deb & I do spend a night in a rather nice cottage in Wandering. Just ten minutes drive from the Saturday rogaine. We walk 11km on the rogaine -- I could go a bit further, Deb could go twice as far and more -- then we leave very early. We are home, going to bed, Deb comments, The rogaine is still going!

Mind you we do win our category: mixed m/f team with all members over 65 y.o. Which makes me realise: I may be unfit but other people my age may be even less fit. Not a fair place to make such calls... there is only one other team in our category. Which may say something else about just turning up :-)

One final IV on Monday... but... The doc says, You are certainly consistent. Yes, my "blood levels" are so low that the final IV is cancelled. Which is, I guess, good and bad. White cells at 0.5, been there before and recovered. Clotting stuff at 42, watch out for bruising, she says.

Interesting... I've noticed that some of my toenails are shading towards black. Usually a sign of excessive walking or running in ill-fitting shoes -- but I've barely walked let alone run anywhere. Perhaps my toenails have been bruising just from gentle walking?

And another thing: I have sensitive tips of fingers which I had blamed on the sandpaper non-slip floor of a swimming pool. But no... it seems to be a side-effect of chemo because it's back. Better than being numb, I'm told. And it's fading. Slowly.

You know how you sometimes see something out the corner of your eyes but, turn to look, nothing there? In SF it usually turns out to be an alien. Recently I've noticed a lot of that (the somethings, not the aliens)... I thiiiink it's nothing... really... Worried for nothing? Yep, chemo has finished and it's time to worry about the next scans. That'll be June. Which is surprisingly close...

Deb has just arrived home. I mention my bruised toenail theory, get the required sympathy. All good :-)


And, yes, all is good.  Time now to recover from chemo. And if the  scans show something, well, deal with that if it happens :-)

Ah. Yes. My "current status" is dated Dec 2018. I'll update it after the next scans. Meanwhile: not too bad :-)






====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"Like all men of power, when he talked of prices worth paying, you could be sure of one thing. Someone else was paying." … Takeshi Kovacs in Altered Carbon
===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

1 comment: