Sunday, March 22, 2020

yes, home again!

We are now home again, safe and sound...

The plane lands at Perth -- to a huge sigh of relief. Home again!

Our seats are in premium economy, right at the front of cattle class. I pay extra for a meal and extra for seats with leg room. That makes it so close to premium that I go whole hog. What a brilliant experience!

Okay, it's amateur week with the flight attendant. Yes, she says, there's a choice of meals. It's... umm... wait a minute. It's, umm, meat or fish, she says. We select one of each and, yes, one is meat and the other is fish.

The meals are pleasant and unexceptional. Serving sizes are larger than usual. Dessert is a rather nice NZ icecream.

Just two seats, no-one next to us. No-one in front, just a partition. We kick out our footrests. Unfold the TV screens. Read and relax. Interrupted only by a biscuit & tea. Then a sweet cake & tea. All so very pleasant. The best seats ever, says Deb :-)
===

We are behind business class but ahead of all the rest of economy. So we are quickly off the plane and into immigration. All very fast, just our plane arriving. We can see into departures... empty.

As usual, we have ticked the "walked in wilderness" box on our incoming passenger card. So we go through the special lane... One quick glance at our boots and we are through.
===

The car is waiting in the carpark just outside the terminal. It continues to wait... we can't find it. I walk all round the carpark, cursing. Finally, we get the ten minute bus trip to the other terminal... Yes, we left from the domestic terminal and have returned to the international.

Ahh! so easy to drive home :-)
===

Home needs some airing, otherwise all fine.

The zip on Deb's case is jammed. I pull on it, the thing you pull on comes off. I get a very sharp knife and cut my way in. It works but I am still embarrassed by my response. Tired and corona-stressed, I claim.
===

We can survive for a few days on what is in the house. The kids left some immediate essentials, then they deliver on Deb's two-week shopping list.

Deb potters round in the garden. I read, and potter round in WoW. I'm glad to be home but feeling ... well, I need to just sit and play games and read... and not think. Typical tired response.

A couple of days later and I am feeling normal. For better or for worse :-)

Home again :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Don't waste your time looking back on what you have lost. Move on, life is not meant to be travelled backwards."

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment