Friday, May 29, 2020

just a bit restless

I'm a bit restless. Doing this and that, mostly to take my mind off this afternoon's scan. Well, no, not the scan... To take my mind off the *results* of the scan. Nowadays, I barely flinch at the thought of the scan -- the machine is fun though I still don't like the cannula.

Yesterday we were shopping. I get a sudden pain in the ball of my foot, as though I'm treading on a cut. The soles of my feet are still numb. Sometimes my feet itch. Sometimes they sting.

If I have my docs right: The cancer doc says, it can take months for the nerve damage to fade. The GP doc says, Umm, well... in a way that clearly means, it will never fade.

This is the first time that walking has hurt. I hobble round, getting as much sympathy as possible from Deb. When I get home I find a small thorn in my sock... Oh well, one problem solved :-)
===

I'm not sure if Deb knows that my scan is on Friday. I'm avoiding the topic -- don't think about it & I won't worry about it :-) Perhaps Deb is working on the same principal?

It comes up in conversation. No, Deb thought that my scan would be next week. Surprise! The timing looks good: I should be scanned and out on time to pick up Deb from work.
===

This morning I'm restless. Not so much worried. More occupying myself so that I will not worry.

I work on my app. A major step forward last night, undoing it all this morning. Progressing -- but not last night.

I'll wear track pants for the scan -- the MRI doesn't like metal, there's no metal in the track pants. I do a load of washing.  May as well wear clean track pants for my rare visits to the outside world :-)

I eat lunch. The daily crossword is too easy. It's early but I may as well check for letters. There's a crack of thunder, drenching rain. Maybe I won't check for letters.

I don't want to do more coding or reading, either activity is too addictive, I'd be rushed when I leave. I have a shower. Write this post. Still restless.

I may as well leave early. Spend time finding somewhere to park. Sit in their reception area (testing the hand sanitiser).

Time to... get ready... to go.




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===
"No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway." … per Ginger Meggs
===
Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment