Sunday, August 16, 2020

a bit more

We have a bedroom with ensuite. A second room is kitchen and lounge. I open a door -- and there is a small courtyard: grass, table, chairs and cane lounge. Duke's Inn, Northam, very nice.

Very efficient, too. We check in, move in. I test the free wifi... One new email: invoice and receipt from the Inn.

We eat in the Inn, pub meals. I have barramundi and help Deb eat her enormous pile of roast beef. Back to our room for plunger coffee.

I tackle the two cryptic crosswords from today's paper, one is notoriously weird. I find that it helps to be tired, my mind is confused, I think of ridiculous answers -- that are right. Tonight I must be exhausted... I easily finish both crosswords.

I check the news, nothing interesting. I read a bit then stop, don't want to finish too soon. Deb watches murder on tv.

Two air conditioners are running, heating. Orienteering gear hangs from hooks and handles, drying. A long drive tomorrow.

Time to sleep.

Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

When all else fails, have someone else read the instructions" … per Ginger Meggs
   

No comments:

Post a Comment