Friday, December 4, 2020

definitely senile

Well, it's happened. I declare myself to be definitely senile. (While ignoring those that claim that my senility is nothing new.)

I have begun to wish to be living in the past. Or at least to be living with space around me, similar to where I grew up. (Okay, I may have never grown up. So, the place where I lived for much of my childhood.)

Deb starts it. You should write your life story, she says. The kids would like to read it... Not the kids I know. Still, Deb says so I start.

Being an organised sort of person (with the emphasis on "sort of") I create a Word doc and list each year, from 1952 (born) to 2021. I did that in 2017. Most years are still blank.

So I start again...

And the effort reminds me of the past. Long past.

I remember growing up -- ages 2 to 11 -- in a house built by my father. Set on 2.5 acres, that's about 10,000 square metres. We could see a neighbour's house on either side. Far enough away that we never saw the neighbours. A car on the road perhaps once a day. If that.

Now we live on 640 m2. Houses all round. Cars up and down the road, day and night. I've never really grown used to the crowding.

After years of living in the moment... I am now missing the past. The space, the solitude, the freedom.

Definitely, I admit it, senile.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

It's a dog eat dog world. Bring a bottle of something ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment