Saturday, January 8, 2022

nav mode: off !

Okay. I admit it -- I can no longer navigate :-( I stare at an orienteering map. It makes sense, I can plan a course, I can decide how to get from control to control... Then I look at the real world and it makes no sense!

Deb says that the bit of my brain which is now in a pickle jar is the bit that navigates. My own explanation is that my dodgy vision makes it a lot harder for me to see and understand where I am.

Today we go orienteering... This time I ignore the map. I barely watch where we go. I just follow Deb. Easy! And fun :-)

There's a man who was at least ten years older than me, who always ran farther and faster than me. An event is not the same without him:-(  As I say to his widow: He's beaten me again, this time to dropping dead. Yes, I know... Deb tells me not to say it.
===

In general I am as well as ever. Every time I have a setback I stop training, so I am now horribly unfit... but well enough to go just over 5km on training runs and trail runs.

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Stay cool but stop at frostbite" ... per Ginger Meggs

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: