Sunday, July 10, 2022

cold fun

I spend today nursing my cold. With my new knowledge of snot and phlegm -- I'm amazed at the rate of production!

Saturday night: We mind the grandchildren.

Minding the younger one is easy. She's asleep when we arrive, she stays that way till after we leave.
The boy is almost ready for bed. Deb tucks him in, then reads him a story. Then it's my turn...
I tell him a story. It begins with "Once upon a time". After that, the story wanders where it will. With the boy's occasional help.

We have a warning from Deb, "They're on their way home!" Close your eyes...I say. lie down... I say. Ne effect.

The parents are home. The boy is wide awake.
Our child-minding is done.
What an absolutely enjoyable evening :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===
"Scientists say that we only use 10% of our brains. Imagine how great the world would be if we used the other 60%." ... Internet meme 
Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to minding our grandchildren. Good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete