Thursday, July 14, 2022

echocardiogram

Once is enough to type that word. Today I have... let's call it a heart scan. Needed by the GP, to sign that I am fit to walk in NZ. Well, fit in the health sense. Fit enough to walk the distance, that's questionable :-)
The scan tech attaches wires to sticky patches put on my chest. Then does clever things to get -- I guess -- a photo of my heart.
He asks why I'm being scanned, accepts the walk answer. Hints that a lot of people have mysterious pains and fear a heart attack. No, I have no symptoms.
I mention the silent heart killer as mentioned on the ABC news. Yes, that one is currently in fashion, he says.
He disconnects me from his wires. Points to paper towels to wipe his conductive grease off my chest. I find another contact, remove it, bin it.
And that's it. The photo will be analysed by an expert. In a week or two the analysis goes to my GP. Eventually I will go to the GP to get the results.
Home again... I find another of his contacts, remove it. At least I know what they are... after one stint in hospital I found several of the things, had no idea what they were.
So I'm scanned. And have a healthy heart, until told otherwise :-)
Now need to get my *legs* hill-ready...



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===
"Scientists say that we only use 10% of our brains. Imagine how great the world would be if we used the other 60%." ... Internet meme 
Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: