Monday, February 20, 2023

another scan

Another MRI of my head... of my brain, I guess... looking for signs of existence... I won't know the results for a while.

Deb is at work, I need to get to the scanner (scannery?) by Uber. I spend the morning being nervous: I don't dare relax or I may fall asleep. I don't dare sleep or I may be late for the scan. I'll need an Uber. Will they cancel my ride? again?
What do I need to bring, so I can get home again? (hat, walking shoes, sun screen, bus pass just in case...)

Eventually I leave, get there no worries, get scanned.
Then walk home.

As I step out I think, this weather is beautiful. Hot and, well, hot. I have a water bottle, it's just five and a bit km, I enjoy the walk.
It's a good way to de-stress after the scan. Once the cannula is in my vein the scan is easy but it's still a relief when it's done. The die is cast... waiting for the results is less stressful. Strangely enough.

I walk. Buy a drink. Walk some more. Buy another drink. All very relaxing, very enjoyable. An hour and a half easy walking and I'm home. Dripping with sweat. No surprise to find that it is 38 degreesC.
That's it for today. I relax inside, with air con.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. A good walk indeed. Longer than most our age would do. All will be good when you get your results.

    ReplyDelete