Wednesday, March 22, 2023

an interesting week

It's been an interesting week. Interesting in a good way :-)

I catch up with a friend who I haven't seen for forty years.
He saw my name when I ran for parliament. Sent an email. It's taken us four years since then to meet up.
We chat. It's easy. I'm reminded why we were friends. Absolutely great fun :-)
====

Two people have tried my app! It seems to work, mostly. Well enough that I put my name forward to use it for a future rogaine. Maybe. I suggest that the event planner has a chat with the two who tested the app. 
For those who are desperate to know: Go to Kings Park, start pwMapApp, select the pwMap Kings Park Memorials -- and find those memorials :-)
Less rogaine -- there is no proper map -- more a treasure hunt.
I'm just excited that the app has been tried by a disinterested party.
====

Then Deb and I use the app for a training run.
We go to Carine OPen Space, there's an "orienteering anytime" map of the area. I've defined it to the app.
Deb navigates and claims treasures using the app. I follow and add GPS coordinates to each treasure. It all works rather nicely :-)
Except that the phone GPS is not great. I record a location, immediately test it -- and have apparently moved 80m :-( Still, that's why the app uses GPS *and* Q&A.
An enjoyable -- and successful -- outing.
====

Friday is the start of a race around our lake. It's "last man standing", keep doing laps until everyone else drops out then, to win... do just one more lap. I can do one, possibly two laps. The winner does 57, That's about 340km on foot. At the end he is still going faster than I could manage, ever :-)

The runners pass the end of our street at quarter past the hour each hour, for 57 hours. Sometimes, we go down and cheer them on. It's fun, it's amazing :-) Almost inspiring... Next day, I do a lap of the lake. At half the speed of the winner... So... keep on training :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Need to know: pwMapApp
 ... Kings Park Memorials
===

A watch without hands tells no time, but so does a digital watch with no batteries. (Alfred E. Neuman)




pwMapAppreadMe)


1 comment:

  1. Very fit people. I wouldn't be able to do a lap.


    ReplyDelete