Saturday, March 11, 2023

All well, quiet times

it's been a long time between posts... which means... nothing much happening :-)
Nothing bad, certainly.
====

Deb and I have settled into a pattern of orienteering training. I can't navigate -- but I can follow. So, once or twice a week we follow an orienteering map. Deb follows the map, I follow Deb. Deb practices her navigation, we both enjoy the exercise. win - win... though our speed would not win an actual event :-)

====
My app is live. pity no-one uses it.
A rogaine was cancelled, an opportunity to provide a quick substitute, use my app to manage a replacement event. for various reasons, some reasonable, nothing happened. rather disappointing.
====

we leave for England in six or seven weeks. there are some preparations to be made. one thing is to be ready to post to this blog. actual holiday posts :-) I need to be sure that my relatively new Apple tablet will work. For example, can I type an email to become a blog post?
I was using a mail client which inserts hidden characters in the text. This can really mess up the post. So I'm trying a new mail client. Using it now, in fact. It may not work well, but I'll find out what goes wrong. So I can work round or avoid problems. Maybe :-)

Every so often the tablet locks them restarts. Cheap Apple junk (except it was not cheap :-(
That's a fault I have to live with.

This post is using the different mail client. So far so good. As long as it posts okay.
====

I'm reading up on some of the towns we will be visiting, mostly reading Wikipedia. Only trouble is... it's fascinating...

I start reading... follow an interesting link... then another link... and get, as they say, lost in hyperspace. So much interesting stuff to read:-)

we're keeping busy, low level stuff. Such as a morning at Sculptures by the Sea. I notice that I enjoy it much more this year than I have for the last couple... due to a generally positive feeling, I suspect.
But I can still complain :-) 
I've had a couple of dizzy spells. It feels as though the solid ground is swaying like a boat at sea. it's old stuff, inner ear problem caused, usually, by staring too long at a screen... like now. I just watch my step, keep moving, it clears.
And... phew, I'm tired all the time. But that's okay, i have plenty of time too sleep. And I claim that I'm tired due to exercise.

So nothing exciting. Which is all good :-)









Nick Lethbridge
consulting Dexitroboper

1 comment: