Thursday, June 29, 2023

stable and boring

latest scan results: my brain is stable and boring :-)

Boring because there is very little change -- and that is good. And stable is good because, well, it's not getting worse.
The scan shows roughly the same necrosis but no tumour.

The cancer doc is happy to wait four months till the next scan. The next scan will still include the extra bit (perfusion?) that helps distinguish necrosis from tumour. So, still wary.
====

I think the theme of this blog is about to shift again. Travel, cancer, travel... Now I may as well admit that I'm getting older. With all the problems of aging :-) Okay, aging and with dodgy vision.

I'm in a strange cafe having coffee with a friend. I need, no surprise, a toilet.
It takes me several attempts and repeated directions to get out the back of the cafe to the toilet.
Then I can't find my way back. Eventually I go out a side door, follow the building round the outside and re-enter the cafe by the front door.
The friend and I are jointly setting a rogaine... We need to locate 60-plus points on a map. I can't even find my way back into a cafe... Creating the map may be a challenge.
Cancer is (luckily) getting boring. Travel does not happen everyday. But growing old... I do like to analyse (and document) life's little challenges. So age that may provide material for several prolix postings. And writing it down will save me from having to think about it :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===


The stupid person says, "It's impossible". The smart person says, "It's possible, if we can get enough stupid people to do it." (Alfred E. Neuman)


pwMapAppreadMe)


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...Alfred E. Neuman, our sage from the 60s, he was ahead of his time n'est-ce pas! What would he make of today's society?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AEN would have to say... What, me worry?



    ReplyDelete