Friday, July 14, 2023

a bon mot

It really cheers me up to get in just the right response. A straight question which leads into my own bon mot...

We're at the shops. Deb goes into the chemist, I wait outside.
I'm tackled by a woman from a pop-up stand.
She mentions athritis, I listen politely, I think she's collecting.
Turns out she's selling. A blanket (I think) which uses magic (or some such) to cure aches and pains.
Do I have athritis? she asks, No. Do I have aches and pains? No, What is my most pressing medical issue? she asks, desperate for a sales opening. Terminal cancer, I reply. Ha! end of conversation :-)
Hours later, I'm still pleased.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===


In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Also, there's lots of competition for handicapped parking. (Alfred E. Neuman)

pwMapAppreadMe)


1 comment: