Saturday, November 11, 2023

Pinnacles fun run.

Friday, we drive to Cervantes. Why? Well, it's a peaceful pleasant spot and...
Saturday we do a fun run through the Pinnacles. 5km through the Nambung national park. The wind is blowing, I think it always blows here. The run organisers lost a marquee or two, blown into the bush.
The sand is blowing. I keep my eyes and mouth closed, still, I'm soon chewing grit.
Deb sets the pace, I push to keep her in sight, Deb looks back occasionally, she expects me to get lost. But no worries, not today.
The run is hard work, through an interesting place. We enjoy it.

Back to the Pinnacles Motel in Cervantes, where we rest and recover.
We eat lunch at The Lobster Shack. Crowded, busy, efficient, pleasant.
We share a $30 crayfish (or, okay, lobster) in a bun. It's nice though not something we long for. But an essential part of the Cervantes experience.

We walk a couple of km at Thirsty Point. Enjoyable despite the howling wind. Then go to Seashells Cafe for icecream (Deb) and iced coffee (me).
There's an art trail round town. I add a couple of murals to a pwMapApp "map".
Now we're back in our motel room. Ready to relax till it's time for dinner.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Whoever said "fighting never solves anything" obviously never won a fight


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


1 comment: