Saturday, September 21, 2024

running not alone

This morning Deb and I are in John Forrest National Park for a run. A beautiful day, flowers just starting to appear.
The trail is just rough enough that I have to be careful, I stumble once or twice.
We finish with a picnic lunch.
All very pleasant :-)

Deb and I go to the same GP. One day Deb mentions fun runs. The GP exclaims, I hope you don't let Nick run alone... Weeelll .
It does make me think.
If I'm going to collapse again while running, I'd rather do it in a fun run.
In an organised fun run there are thousands of other runners to tell someone that I've fallen over. Also there are ambulances ready and waiting all along the course.
If it's just me and Deb on a run -- Deb has all the worry, I don't want that.
Today we run just over 9km and we *both* totally fail to fall over. So: all good so far :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

We know that the nature of genius is to provide idiots with ideas twenty years later... Louis Aragon

..Dying for you to Read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. What a champ you are. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete