Wednesday, December 13, 2017

after the holiday

first: In the last post I gave a weblink... it was wrong! I mis-typed. The link is now correct. Sorry about that.
===

We had a great holiday, very relaxing. I felt better every day... though I still slept a lot. And now we're home... and back to the usual:
===

Deb tells me that I am more easily upset -- I get angry -- than in the past. One of my drugs, she tells me, does have a possible side-effect of "irritability". Deb is probably being polite... I'm just getting bad-tempered too easily. (Though, to be honest, I think that I've always been like that.)

I shall try to be more polite. With Deb, that is... If I'm an angry blogger -- just blame the drugs :-)
===

We're home again and back to the usual routine: if this is Tuesday it must be a day of minding our grandson :-) We take him to the zoo in the morning. Luckily there are two of us -- after a couple of hours I have to rest, and let Deb chase after the toddler. All good fun...
===

After that... a visit to the hospital. First, I have an MRI scan. I can see why it makes some people nervous -- the machine hums & clicks & roars... and even shakes the board that I'm lying on. Doesn't worry me, it's just a big machine. Just one thing worries me:

I fill in the paperwork, hand it to the technician. "I'm James," he says, "I'll be looking after your scan today." He inserts a cannula into my vein (or artery)... (Okay, that's a second thing that I don't like about the MRI scan.) Then he leaves the scan room and starts the scanning. Lots of humming, clicking, roaring & shaking. Lots of magnetic rays hitting my brain.

There's a heavy door between the scan room and the control room. Fear of magnetic rays, I guess. Well-founded fear, too...

Half an hour later, the scan is finished. Remember James, "I'll be looking after your scan today"? He comes back in to the scanning room -- and he's now a woman! Perhaps there should be more screening between scan room and control room...
===

Then another room, to give some blood. This is for the regular white cell count. I've just had a cannula in my right arm. I offer my left arm. Then make sure to get sympathy from Deb, for having a bandaid on each arm.

There are at least three doctors who want to look at my MRI. I have an appointment for Thursday, another for next week and a third... I told the brain surgeon, just let me know if you want to see me.

So we're home again. Back to the routine of medical meetings. Preparing for more chemo but no more radiation (as far as I know). Enjoying this interlude between cycles of treatment :-)

Still feeling tired. Otherwise feeling very well.






==== Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." … Amelia Earhart

====

No comments:

Post a Comment