Wednesday, January 23, 2019

up down up down... up

The last few weeks my mood has been up and down like a ventriloquist's yo-yo. Okay, that makes no sense -- but the expression came to mind and I like it :-)

I think my mood is a bit easy to knock down, due to lack of long-term clarity. Little things can upset me. Not to worry, I also bounce back quickly :-)
===

We now have a relatively long-term holiday plan, to go to Edinburgh to see the Military Tattoo. We have Tattoo tickets, nothing else is organised. I suspect that Deb does not believe that we will actually get there...

Me, I both doubt and don't doubt. After a couple of clear scans I can't see what could go wrong :-) On the other hand, the Tattoo is the other side of two more of my regular scans. Which way will the dice fall ? I'll book some accommodation and make sure that as much as possible can be cancelled at no cost.
===

Last weekend was hot. So hot that we decided to not go to Saturday orienteering. Then I went on a trail run on Sunday... Just over 10km, just over 400m climb. I was slower on this "short" course than I had been, in previous years, on the "long" course. Good news: I finished :-) Amazing news: I was faster than another ten people. Very satisfying.
===

I may have mentioned: a leftover effect of (I believe) the chemo drugs is that my digestive system is slightly stuffed. After a short run in a local park where I had to dash into the bushes half way round... I am very careful to go to the toilet before I start running.

Three times before this run. And I mean three lots of poo, not just pee, in the hour before the run. None of this annoyingly unspellable diarrhea, either. On the bright side -- no need to dash into the bushes during the run. Not that I could have "dashed" anywhere...

Despite all that, despite the exhaustion after (and during) the run -- I do enjoy trail running :-) Almost disappointed that it's a few weeks till the next.
===

I do notice the pins & needles feeling on the soles of my feet. It's there when I run and takes a while to fade when I stop running. Not enough to affect my ability to run, it just feels... funny. Not really sensitive, just funny.
===

There are a whole lot of things that I need to document, so Deb can find out how to -- for example -- pay bills. I made a start, months ago, it didn't get very far. For one thing, even I had trouble understanding what I had written.

I've started again. Documented a few of the easier bill-paying processes. I'm trying to document each bill as it comes in. I'm amazed how many bill we pay!
===

Fitness: still working on it. Health: quite good, really. Mind: seems to be working okay. Mood: cheerful with occasional snatches of low-level gloom.

Holiday: time to plan and book... :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid." … Ginger Meggs

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: