Monday, June 10, 2019

still no stress

An incident last week reset my perspective. I realise that my own problems are relatively... not minor... but relatively unimportant. To me, anyway. As a result -- I stop stressing about scan results. Still a bit worried but no stress.

Today, Monday: still no stress :-)
===

Saturday: it's my birthday... almost. Saturday night is card night. We play every few months, the same group for forty years. (Well, perhaps 35 for me, I joined a bit late.) It's good to catch up.

I throw out quite a few short snappy jokes, to fit between hands of cards. Heh, I had prepared by skimming a joke book earlier in the day :-) Just after midnight I say, It's my birthday. There are friendly calls of, Happy Birthday! Then we get back to playing cards. An enjoyable evening.
===

Sunday morning: Deb says, It's my birthday, what do I want to do? It's cold, wet, miserable outside. We relax around the house. Till dinner time.

The kids are here for dinner. It's my birthday so I get presents -- and give presents. (Old hobbit habit :-) I don't often wrap presents that I give. This year I do -- so that our grandson can help everyone with unwrapping :-) It's a noisy, exciting, fun evening.
===

Monday morning: I do some grocery shopping. Now I'm putting together a helicopter, from a model kit, one of my presents. The kit is sort of a Meccano/Lego cross. For "6+ years"... I think I can handle it.

There's a lot of pushing pieces together. Which constantly reminds me: my finger-tips are very sensitive, a chemo side-effect. Since that's the most annoying side-effect -- I'm getting off very lightly.
===

Almost time to eat lunch. Then join Deb (who is now at work) to see the cancer doc. To find out the results of last week's scans.

A bit worried. Still no stress :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Why be difficult? Be impossible." … Ginger Meggs

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: