Thursday, January 23, 2020

uh oh

Inside info has it that my brain cancer is back. True or not, we find out this afternoon. Till then, I've entered a different style of worry: a feeling of "uh oh" mixed with some relief, that I can stop worrying about when it will come back. Strange...

I spent a few weeks worrying, with the usual pushing the worry aside. Then I had a week of denial, no, it won't be back. That -- to me -- is worse. I don't want the sudden letdown when the cancer is definitely back.

Today, it's a probable. This afternoon... I'll find out for sure.

Meanwhile... We've been for a run. We'll go shopping. Have lunch. Then go see the doctor. An almost typical Thursday :-)



Nick Lethbridge  /  consulting dexitroboper
===
"I took out a loan to pay for an exorcism. If I don't pay it back, I'm going to get repossessed." … Olaf Falafel
===
   

1 comment: