Tuesday, March 30, 2021

still room to improve

Way back in the past, I could run round the nearby lake, in just over an hour. Later, I couldn't run that distance. Now I can cover the distance -- the shortest possible lap, cutting all corners -- in 65 minutes. How do I know?

On the night of the rogaine there is a competitive run round "our" lake. One lap every hour until you can run no more. Last one moving, wins.

Coming home from the rogaine, we drive past the event. There are still eight runners -- 28 hours after the start. 28 laps completed. Roughly 190km -- so far.

I would love to enter the event -- it's a brilliant idea. If I could just complete one lap I would be satisfied. I wonder if I could manage one lap within the hour...

So this morning I run round the lake. Just under 7km in one hour five. Perhaps I could *walk* a second lap? Not run... But 1 hour 5 is still too slow for the first competition lap :-(

Sooo... Still room to improve my running :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

... for the greater good ... against the corrupt metastasis of oligarchic power that stomps on humanity's neck everywhere" ... Sacranist creed, Thin Air

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment: