Friday, March 5, 2021

hectic !

It's been a hectic week... On the (very short) campaign trail. Failing to find any babies to kiss :-(

Last Thursday; I drive to Mt Barker, a pleasant four and a half hour drive down Albany Highway. Meet a politician and several wannabe politicians. We each speak for three minutes then answer questions.

One night in Mt Barker -- then drive home again.

Interesting: I'm in the shower, eyes closed, water on my face. I turn quickly -- and do not fall over. Okay, I have never fallen -- but turning with my eyes closed makes me feel unsteady -- but not today. A worthwhile improvement :-)

Home to relax... except for a nine km trail run on Sunday. Family over for Sunday dinner. On Monday I drive to Manjimup -- another four and a half hour drive. This time down South West Highway. There's a shorter way but I prefer the scenery and interest of SW Hwy.

Another speech, more questions. I wonder what I said at the meeting... I have notes, I know I don't follow the notes.

A night in a motel then home -- the short way, just 3.5 hours.

Home on time to join Deb taking our grandson to a swimming lesson.

Next night we look after both grandchildren. Deb tries to follow suggestions to put the toddler to bed, toddler springs awake. I take the simple option and end up sitting on a couch with a toddler -- fast asleep -- lying on top of me.

Thursday is the usual: running, shopping, shopping.

I have a dream: I have started work, in an office. As an employee the first thing I do -- of course -- is to use the office printer for my personal use. I am printing an MRI scan of my head.

Yes, next week is my next scan. I'm not particularly worried. (Deb may be. As usual.) I'm doing well at just not thinking about the results. The dream shows that... I'm still thinking about the scan.

What's annoying is, it's a slow printer... I never see the complete scan. Dang.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

All we can do is what we can do... Leonard Barrens in The Forever Watch

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment: