Thursday, December 2, 2021

what a clever scan

Deb & I see the cancer doc... the latest PET scan shows no sign of cancer in my gut :-)

So that's the spreading testicular cancer taken care of. Okay, it may come back but... it was never expected to be very bad. Slow... and treatable. Treated and now, for now, under control.

I'll have another PET scan in twelve months. Just in case.

The brain cancer is still the real danger. The August MRI scan was clear. The surgeon poked around, found cancer cells (as expected) but no visible tumour. So no need for another MRI -- the cancer doc says -- for six months from the last. Which puts it into Feb 2022. So I'm fit and well till then :-)

The cancer doc only cares about cancer. So does not mention the other finding from the PET scan... I get this from our deep-ENT:

The PET scan shows signs that indicate that I have tonsilitis!

Which can explain why I am constantly tired and feeling a mite poorly. Okay, tonsilitis and age :-) I do feel that I have a very mild cold. Tonsilitis sounds much better. I'm amazed at what can be seen on a PET scan !

I blamed our granddaughter for a cold. Now I blame her for passing on tonsilitis. I don't think she affects my age :-)

So for now -- as usual -- all is good :-)

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

There are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters." ... Boris Johnson

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. No tumor is great news indeed. I'd blame the tonsilitis forget old age your a young bloke.

    ReplyDelete