Monday, May 23, 2022

know when to fold

Today is a trail run. Only 5 or 6 km but I'm not looking forward to it. It starts with a steep and rocky uphill. Ends downhill on rough granite steps. I'm not good on steps :-(

If you fall going up steps, you land on the next step. Fall going down and the fall could be a lot further... I expect to go very very slowly.

The alarm is set for 4:30 am. Rain is predicted for 8 am.

I wake at 3am... not happy.
When the alarm wakes Deb I tell her... I do not want to go. Not even to wait in the car, which will have to park 2km from the start. After an hour's drive from home. I have no enthusiasm at all :-(

So we don't go.
Deb is happy with the decision...

Later -- at a more reasonable time of day -- we go to Kings Park.
Deb goes for a run. I go for a walk. And pick up coffee and a muffin. :-)
We're home and cosy when the rain storm arrives.
A very enjoyable morning. You have to know when to hold and when to fold :-)


1 comment: