Monday, May 23, 2022

status: 22may 22

Time for a status report.
So... how am I?
In short: Not too bad... all things considered :-)

Physical: 

My brain still contains an aggressive and ultimately terminal cancer. Bummer.

I have permanently lost perhaps 25% of my vision. If you're off to my left I don't see you. The other 75% is okay for my age.
Three score and ten is just a few weeks away :-)

My lung capacity is reduced. I sometimes have trouble taking a good, deep, breath. It may be asthma-related but ventolin no longer helps.
I think it slows my running but does not stop it (my running is not often aerobic:-)

Mental: 

The other week I completed both cryptic crosswords in the Sunday paper :-)
Sometimes I have trouble working with several facts at one time:-(
My main problem is that... I just can't be bothered. Things which need doing, I don't even start. Though I have occasional bursts of many hours of productive work.
I mean mental work... I like to run because, well, it's all the physical exercise that I do.

Emotional:

Not good but, right now, acceptable.

I expect to die within the foreseeable future. Interestingly, I can't quite believe that I will be dead. I can't imagine dying... but it doesn't worry me. Death is unfortunate but inevitable.
I worry about Deb more than about myself.
Overall, I'm happy. I went through a low patch. Now... i'm happy. Worried, yes. But the worry seems to be under control. As it should be :-) Though I do need to resist the can't-be-bothered attitude.

As usual... writing it down makes me feel better :-)
It also reminds me: 
The only problem with my cancer is that it is terminal. Other than that, it is trivial. One collapse. Other problems are due to the treatment.
Now I remember... I am very, very lucky :-)



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


As Conan says: What does not kill you
does not kill you

1 comment: