Monday, June 20, 2022

relativity

Every so often I am reminded that my own problems are -- relatively -- trivial.

This morning I phone my favourite aunt. I tell her the results of my latest scan: not really good but not bad. ie Carry on as ever.
My aunt has had some problems: medical issues in her family, that sort of thing. Today, after a bit of general chat she tells me that another family member is ill. It's the sort of story that causes her to end our chat because she is crying.

I'm upset. I go round the lake, as I do when I'm upset.
I am able to go round the lake. I'm terminal but not actually dying. I get miserable. I'm still active, fit and healthy enough. I have no symptoms, only side-effects of treatment. Plus lack of fitness due to being too lazy to exercise.
I'm living so long and so well that it's almost embarrassing.
Everyone dies. My death is promised to be sooner that I would like. Meanwhile, I am very well. Deb and the rest of our family are well.

My problems are so very trivial



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ... Saint Augustine

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)


1 comment:

  1. Mate don't underestimate how well you are dealing with your situation.

    ReplyDelete