Thursday, June 30, 2022

scans for a holiday

it's time for a solid test of my new tablet... If i can type an email then it's good for half of what i do :-)
===


it's flu vax season. our grandson bravely faced the injection. our daughter tells me, your grandson would be really impressed if you too had a flu jab. Meaning... i should go and get the jab, so i do.
I'm chatting to the GP, the nurse sneaks up and... Jabs without warning! Probably the best way to do it :-)
But i don't get a give-me-sympathy bandaid :-(  Oh well. jab done.

While I'm with the doc i mention shortness of breath. do i want a lung function test? she asks. Perhaps also a heart scan?  Damage to heart and lungs are both possible dide effects of chemo. Not this week, I say, perhaps later. Well...

The doc points the right way out of her office, i had turned the wrong way. She makes sure that i find may way back to Deb. Your vision must be really annoying, she says, ah well, I'm learning i say.
As i leave I'm feeling cheered up, that's the real reason i visit this GP, i always leave feeling cheerful.

i mention heart and lung tests to Deb. past 70 and you need a doctor to sign that you are fit to walk the Routeburn Track in NZ. What are the chances, i ask. We could do it says Deb... Oh.

i walk back into the surgery. ask if i can have a referral for a heart test and a lung test. oh, i forgot, Deb had asked me to ask the doc if she would sign off on us (me) walking in NZ, that's when the GP said no, not without heart and lung tests. so, guess I'll have the tests... if i pass then we are a step closer to New Zealand :-)

Back home, we get me in line for tests. both would be at Murdoch, an hour's journey either way. or almost makes me sympathetic to people who live out of the city.

I'm now booked in for my next MRI, August, a heart scan in August, and waiting for a lung function test... some time in the far future.

I'm glad that Deb is considering a holiday as far ahead as November. that's the next NZ hiking season.

so. scanning and planning :-)
===

okay. the new tablet is no worse, for typing, with a lot of correcting, than the old :-)






--
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper ... Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved === "I have seen the TRUTH -- and my chains have been broken" … Thrall === Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)

1 comment: