Wednesday, August 2, 2023

strange dreams

in one dream I should be busy but I'm embarrassed because I'm not getting anything done. Until I wake up and realise that... there's a lot I should be doing.
I've been under the weather for a few days (no excuse) and now... I get out of bed and get busy.

I register us for two short fun runs. A Sat and Sun. So I also book somewhere to stay, for a weekend away. One thing now done :-)

We're considering a walking holiday at the end of the year. We're almost decided but... I need to start actual planning.
At the end of this month we're registered for a rogaine. I lost or did not get the link which will tell us where to go. I pass that one to Deb to follow up.

Then there's my app. It's now a "working proof of concept". I need to, somehow, develop it further.
Meanwhile... I have volunteered to use the app to manage a rogaine. It should work. We'll also have paper backup, just in case.
The rogaine will also need (by November) more than 60 control locations. And a map. We, the setting team) have started but need to do a lot more. A lot more. I wake up, go downstairs, spend several hours (1am to 4am) doing some useful work.
A rogaine uses a map, I can't follow a map, this should be interesting. My approach is non-standard, a lot of the work is done on the PC. There will still be many days required in the field, visiting each control site. I can't drive so, getting to control sites is another challenge :-)
Both dreaming and awake -- I know I have a lot to do.

Another night, I dream that I am at a party. Hundreds of people crowded in. I chat to two people, both are pop music stars. Nice people, I think.
The explanation of this dream is simple: My dreaming mind is controlled by a stranger who enjoys parties, crowds and popular music.

There was a veterans run round our lake. Today, I run round our lake. My time is a few minutes faster than the 85 year old veteran :-)




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===


In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Also, there's lots of competition for handicapped parking. (Alfred E. Neuman)

pwMapAppreadMe)


1 comment: