Monday, April 22, 2024

ages of humour

it's fun to watch a child learning about humour: What it is, why it's funny, what is funny.
I've spent years teaching our grandson some great "dad" jokes and riddles. It needs an awful lot of filtering. Some jokes depend on knowledge that he doesn't yet have. Some jokes are too nasty, some are too adult.Some are not funny (even by my standards). some jokes are unsuitable for a child, some are unsuitable for anyone. 
now his little sister wants to join in. for example:
Q Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
The boy knows that it is A because chickens were not invented ROFL
The sister says, Because the dinosaur was walking somewhere and... she fades away.
It's very cute and sort of funny. Until...
Yesterday she is nearly in tears,
I can never answer the question :-( she says.
Oh.
So I hold up two hands, raise a finger on each, ask, how many fingers?
Two, she replies happily.
The little girl is pleased. And... so am I:-)
I'll ask more of these "riddles" Later, I may be able to add (then explain) some humour.
Meanwhile, where's my book of bad dad jokes :-?




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood
   

1 comment: