Monday, April 22, 2024

what's inside?

the latest mri shows something on my brain. where nothing is supposed to be. whatever it is, it's bad.
the scan includes "perfusion", which shows up blood flow, which indicates tumour rather than necrosis.
Uh oh, says the cancer doc, it looks like a tumour. If it continues to grow... we'll open my skull and take a look-see.
Thinking about it, I realise that I don't really care what it is. There are several possibilities:
When I tell one son of the shadow on the scan he suggests... bad lighting :-)
Alternatively: 
(1) It could be an alien mind-control creature, in which case it needs to be removed before it escapes and expands to control the world.
(2) It could be another tumour, in which case it needs to be removed before it grows so large that there is no room in my skull for my brain.
(3) It could be more radiation necrosis. In which case it needs to be removed before it kills a more useful part of my brain.

None of the three can be cured, just removed.
So, whatever it is, it's nasty. 
If it grows -- I will need my skull opened so that it can be removed. Unless we can negotiate with (1).

Which brings me back to where I've been for eight years: wait and see. except that now --as it was right at the start -- the nasty thing is visible.
Not good but... so what?
Can't do anything so, sit back and -- on average --enjoy life :-)



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood
   

1 comment: