Thursday, April 18, 2024

uh oh :-(

Finally... significant change on my brain scan.
It's a cliche: the doc asks, do you have any travel plans?
The latest MRI scan shows a shadow -- which the experts believe may be a new tumour. About 3cm across (same size as the original).

The scans show (a) shadow of not-brain (tumour or necrosis) and (b) if the shadow is creating blood flow. Blood flow indicates active growth, ie probable tumour.
There's no way to be sure -- without opening the skull to have a look.
But first: I'll get another scan in just one month. If the shadow has grown then... uh oh indeed.
So it's definitely *not* good news. But -- for another month -- back to wait and see.
While waiting -- I watch my health. In particular, fading vision would be bad. Or, I guess, falling over would be bad.
I tell Deb to not worry. I think she's ignoring me.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Bandaid solutions hurt when they are removed.

...Dying for you to Read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. Mate very disturbed to read your update. I don't blame Deb for being worried, I am. But I do hope we are worrying unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete