Sunday, July 18, 2021

Need to step ... right !

Today it's raining so... we go orienteering :-)

Deb does a hard course and finishes before the rain starts. I do a "very easy" and take longer. The only worry about that is: the rain starts while I'm still out there. Oh well... A damp, cold... very enjoyable day :-)

My navigation is hopeless. But I take it slowly -- very slowly -- and successfully finish. Mind you, the course is designed for kids under 10yo :-)
===

I also have time to work out why I'm so unstable while walking in the bush:

When I step over a rock or stump... if I put my left foot forward... it disappears. That is -- the foot moves into the unseen area where I used to have left-peripheral vision. Oh, and the ground where I am about to place my foot... also disappears.

So... thinking about it: it should be better if I step over obstacles with my *right* foot. Less chance of not seeing where I'm about to step. I'll practise that for the next event.

I enjoy the event -- and I finish my course (eventually) all by myself. And that's something to be glad about :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

One joy scatters a hundred griefs" ... Chinese proverb

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: