Thursday, July 15, 2021

Nothing has happened. Really :-)

For the last few weeks, nothing has happened. That is: nothing that is not good, or trivial or irrelevant or just too embarrassing.

Last post I think I was dizzy and my legs were wobbly. I did tell Deb that it was nothing to worry about. Deb worries anyway. Which is very nice but... a worry:-( So I sort myself out.

The dizziness is inner ear. I've had it before. I sort it out by shaking -- and banging -- my head (stirring up the inner ear) and by not sitting all day staring at a screen. Dizziness fixed.

The wobbly legs are similar: a result of sitting all day... not using my muscles. A bit of actual movement... occasional standing up... even walking... and the legs are fine. Still weak... because, well, I really do need to do some exercise.

I spend a lot of time wrapped in blankets. It's too cold to get up and leave the house.

I've always suffered from SAD -- Seasonal Affective Disorder: when it's cold I just want to sit still and try to get warm. Unless, of course, Deb drags me out of the house... then I'm fine :-)

So... all fixed, all fine. Even Deb seems to be satisfied. Phew :-)
===

Over the last few years, my bladder had become undependable. I think I've finished peeing. Start to put everything away. And... drip... drip... a few drops on the floor, or in my undies.

One day I'm walking home. It's cold. I need to pee. It can wait till I get home... Wrong :-( My bladder does its own thing, relieves the pressure, lets out a small dribble of urine. Sooo... add incontinence to my embarrassing complaints.

It has not happened again. It's still a worry. How badly will I embarrass myself... next time?

For a few days I am nervous, reluctant to leave the house. Very grumpy. Till I think... This is something that old men do. If it's a real -- regular -- problem, there are absorbent things to wear. I can drink less. Be more careful.

Now, it's still embarrassing. But it no longer annoys me... much.

Just... do not stand between me an the nearest toilet :-)
===

Last state election, I was a candidate for the Legalise Cannabis party. The party voted two candidates (not me) into parliament -- an excellent effort! I went to the party AGM... (No, don't worry, this is not a story of an embarrassing party piss-up (rofl).

After the AGM... I'm in Northbridge -- the nightclub area of the city -- with poor eyesight -- after dark. Quite an experience.

A bit unnerving. I identify a few familiar buildings. Get a sense of where I am. Cross the road... carefully. Call an uber... identify it... get home okay. No worries... somewhat stressful. A good experience. I feel better about going to strange places.

Deb has me look at the "Vision Australia" website. They have all sorts of support for people with bad eyesight. The thing I really want... is a guide dog:-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

One joy scatters a hundred griefs" ... Chinese proverb

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: