Friday, March 18, 2022

fun run run run...

I'm just back from the Herdies Front Yard ultramarathon.
Yes, that statement is deliberately misleading.

I'm just back from *watching* a couple of hundred runners in the ultra.

It's a run where competitors run as many laps as they can around "our" lake. As long as they lap in less than an hour... they can do another lap. One person wins -- does one more lap than anyone else -- everyone else is second. Brilliant concept :-)

Every hour, they run past the end of our road. I clap, I cheer, I encourage. Phew! I am exhausted :-)

I have another year to get my lake-lap time below an hour (from 90 minutes:-) When I can do that, I can enter and come second :-)
It's an exciting target.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It is not certain that everything is uncertain." ... Blaise Pascal===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. You will do it. Next year I will be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete