Saturday, March 5, 2022

too hard to halve

Not sure if it's my eyes or my brain, but something has lost focus :-)

I have a nice piece of cardboard, think I'll turn it into a chess board. Simple enough: draw a line half-way, then halve each half.
I measure one edge, divide by two, measure that half distance. Measure again, connect the dots...
I have two lines. One near but not at the middle. The other is... somewhere else.
Interesting. I put the cardboard away and go  to bed to get some sleep :-)

===

Deb doesn't like me swearing.
Many years ago a son at primary school learnt to swear. We fined him for every swear word. He soon stopped swearing.

Deb has started fining me for swearing. It works!
Simple psychology that worked on a primary-age child. And it works on me.
How embarrassing :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It is not certain that everything is uncertain." ... Blaise Pascal===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: