Thursday, March 31, 2022

scan done

Deb drops me off at Envision for my MRI.
The scan is no trouble, as long as I don't think about the cannula, ouch!
Actually it does hurt but not enough to class as "painful". I just dislike the concept. But it's quick... then I can lie still for half an hour. Listening to the industrial thumping, whining and roaring of the MRI scanner.

At one point -- I'm almost asleep -- I have a minor feeling of panic. My usual lack of lung capacity, I can't get a deep breath... for some reason it causes a quick feeling of panic.

Only a second or two. Then I relax. Breathe in. And back to normal. Very strange. Very curious.

Scan done, Deb picks me up. We go shopping on the way home. I have a stretchy bandage round my elbow: "We use a large cannula," I'm told, the bandage prevents bruising. I use the bandage to get sympathy at the check-out :-)

Last week, same check-out... they know us and have heard of my complaints... they ask, How are you?

I'm never sure how to answer. I say... It's come back to try to kill me but I'm resisting. A better word would be, Ignoring :-)

Yes, I do have a gloomy, I'm gonna die! feeling. It makes me short-tempered. And sometimes worried.

But it does not stop me enjoying day-by-day life. Perhaps my short-term view makes me even more appreciative of each day.

On the bright side: Getting ready for a run (last week in Collie, for example) I feel that my head is... unsteady. I feel as though running will be dangerous. Will make me fall over. And then I run -- and it's all fine. So my only excuse for slow running is... I am a very slow runner :-)

It will be a week before we know what the scan shows. And yet... the scan is done. Already I have a feeling of relief. The scan is done, the results are fixed... I worry before the scan. I worry till we get the results... but It's a different type of worry. It seems -- despite all logic -- to be a lesser worry... till we see the doc next week :-)

On a different topic:
I believe that "my app" will never get written. The app developers mean well. A few weeks ago they responded to something that I sent... the response was so far away from my expectations that... I have lost hope. 
Either I can't write or they can't read (either is possible). But not to worry... It is not an end to trying. I continue to go through the motions. But... well... you know the end result of motions (lmao :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It is not certain that everything is uncertain." ... Blaise Pascal===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. I don't like MRI's or Camila's. Good you are persisting with the app, you will get it done I am sure.

    ReplyDelete