Tuesday, December 13, 2022

uber bad

This post follows on from the post -- yet to be written -- where I describe my lung test.
====

Lung test finished, I need to get home. Easy, I call an Uber.
My ride is two minutes away. Good. I wait.

Then wait. And wait.
As far as I can tell... I have been stood up by uber.
I think, try again. No cars in the area is the response. What?!
Did the driver cancel my ride? Then go somewhere to hide?

I'm 4.5km from home. Along a bus route.
The next bus is due in an hour.
I start walking.
While entertaining myself by finding out how to complain to uber.

I walk. Wait at a bus stop.
The bus arrives -- exactly on time.
I catch the bus to within 200m of home.

A couple of hours later there is a response from uber. An automated response which shows that no human being read my complaint.
I respond.

I can no longer trust uber.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment